Saturday, April 28, 2012

And I sew some more!


Recently, Sara Ashley Boutique participate in a great launch with other boutiques on facebook!  It was a ton of fun and there were some great outfits sold! 

I wanted to make something I have never made before.  A few months ago, I scored some great Haunted Mansion fabric on a destash board.  I had been hoarding it trying to decide what to do with it. Well, I finally decided to try a strip work dress using some great designs by Froufroubyheathersue! She has some of the best designs! 

This dress has 9 appliques!  That's right!  9! It features all 3 hitchhiking ghosts, the widow, some flying ghosts and the HM sign! And some great fabrics! 


 I had some Rapunzel fabric left over from our Disney trip and I found this cute purple fabric that reminded me of the lanterns from the movie.  So I threw together this cute insa skirt with an appliqued top.  I love those princess cameos!

And of course it had to have ruffles on the back!


Another great fabric find!  I found this on clearance and have been hoarding it since.  It is the prettiest princess fabric I have ever seen! I love the flowers all over it! This is the precious dress and had great puffy sleeves and a bow on the back! It is a size 4 (it is a little short on my 8 year old.)

Great bow on the back!

Currently I am working on another Haunted Mansion set, then I am off to work on a new Star Wars set!  I love the new Star Wars fabric that Joanns is now carrying.  I bought almost a whole bolt of it!

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely delightful! Love all of your gorgeous creations!!!

    ReplyDelete