Monday, July 25, 2011

Disney Outfits 2011

Our Disney trip this year was at a different time. We usually go to the World in September or October. However, we had been to DisneyLand in April, so Sept of 2010, was not enough time between trips. A great deal for Free Dining showed up and we decided that we would try winter in Disney. Winter in Florida is unpredictable. You could have 80 degree days or 30 degrees day. DH and I honeymooned in Disney in December and two days were nice and 2 days were freezing!

So, I planned outfits for Sara Beth that could be worn with or without shirts underneath. I also had jeans, leggins or tights for each outfit. This first outfit is a Bambi outfit. I loved this material, it was designed off of Thomas Kinkades paintings. I made a Simply Sweet top using CarlaC's pattern. I appliqued one leg of her jeans with a mickey head made of the bambi material. The top to wear underneath was a portrait peasant top.


This outfit was actually repurposed! I made this dress years ago. It was a long tedious process as there are over 25 squares that are embroidered with different Disney characters. The dress was getting to small, and the bodice had been made from a Disney hankie and faded pretty badly. So, I removed the old bodice and the old bias tape from the bottom and added a new bodice and bias tape to match. Voila! Now she can get a few more years out of it!
Can you tell I love CarlaC's patterns? Simply sweet again! I used a Pillowcase square to make the bodice and the bright, cute mickey fabric I found at Walmart! I appliqued the jeans to match.
Oh my! An outfit not made from a CarlaC pattern...aka The Scientific Seamstress! This is a Feliz. It is a german pattern and I love it! There are some great sew-a-longs online to help you through, as german patterns seem to have very little directions! I love this print as it is another Thomas Kinkade fabric. I found the large Snow White online and the coordinating fabric at Hobby Lobby. The top underneath was a CarlaC portrait peasant top.

Another Feliz. Love this pattern! This is a tink dress made from really pretty fabric I found at Walmart as a creative cut. In fact, right at the moment, this same fabric is on clearance at my walmart for $1.97 for 2 yards!
This is another German pattern called a Vida. I have used this pattern before and I love how easy it goes together and how many options there are to bling it up! I found this awesome Lion King fabric on ebay and had to have it! It made the cutest vida!

Since the weather would be iffy, I decided she need a jacket. I found this cute, black hoodie at Target on clearance and added a mickey head applique to the back. Note I do not have an embroidery machine, so all applique is done freehand with a regular sewing machine!
The only thing I made for myself! I appliqued a mickey head on the back of a nice hoodie my dd gave me for Christmas.
Not only was this trip happening at a different time of the year, but I was going to meet some friends from the Disboards I have never met in real life! The disbotiquers are a great group of women(and Tom) who have been online together for years! It was so exciting to get to meet a great many of them! So, we had some matchy shirts for our meet!
We really did enjoy our trip, however the weather was in the 70's-80's all week! All dresses were worn without any shirts underneath and we didn't get to wear our new hoodies! Oh well! They all go plenty of use after Disney at home where the temperatures were in the 30's and 40's!

My next update will be some great crayon totes!

1 comment: